Our mission is to build the world's first AI-powered claims guidance platform to transform the lives of injured or disabled workers. Our AI models understand injuries and medical treatments like a medical expert to solve the insurance industry’s big data problem.
You: A data expert who thrives in dealing with ambiguous decision making problems, both for clients as well as internal stakeholders. You’ll explore and analyze new datasets as we enter new markets – helping to define our Product and Machine Learning strategy based on your data insights. You love innovation and making a fast impact – and are always driving toward launch and delivery thanks to your high degree of ownership and control. Ambiguity isn’t a challenge, but rather a chance for you to define and narrow a problem space independently. You’re supercharged by having interesting, unsolved problems continually present themselves.
The Opportunity: You'll be actively impacting people's lives in dramatic ways through AI-interventions in concert with our top AI team. Your direct colleagues will be the founding team who built this platform from the first line of code including Georg (Google AI), Karan (Bloomberg), Tom (Google AI), Arun (Facebook), and an array of other industry veterans who left top tech leaders for the greenfield opportunity at EvolutionIQ. In this technical leadership role, you’ll harness vast amounts of complex, highly proprietary data that EvolutionIQ already has access to but that no one else has worked with before.
In this Role You Will:
- Support the decision making of EvolutionIQ’s leadership team in high stake situations using all internal and external data sources
- Uncover new product research directions (hypothesis generation)
- Create data insights to win clients by helping define and build the sales & marketing narrative
- Present results to internal and external stakeholders
- Generate meta analysis across clients to drive product & sales strategies
- Build, own, and standardize client facing analysis and reporting on mature products
- Work closely with the ML team to analyze the impact of modeling results, debug data issues, and communicate findings to colleagues and clients
- Write efficient and reliable relational database queries, write design documents, write clean & maintainable code for reproducible analytics, perform code reviews, and maintain state of the art engineering practices
- Continue to grow and learn in the data & ML space with a focus on business problems that require making sense of large-scale structured and unstructured datasets
Your Impact: You will be working closely with both the ML team and Product Managers to improve our team and clients understanding of claims data. The ideal candidate will ensure EIQ tells excellent stories through data that clearly and accurately communicate the impact and ROI of our products internally and externally. Additionally, partner with product managers to do rapid iterations on new product ideas and validating hypotheses in data leading to significantly increase the speed of new product development.
Topline Rewards: You'll be in a leadership position with rapid performance and promotion cycles, competitive salary, company equity, and a chance to be in early enough to make your own, distinct mark on our platform but late enough where you’ll be doing it for live commercial applications — not spec projects or demos. The perks are many: remote work options, company paid professional development stipends, opportunities for cross-functional moves, and more. But just as important, we prioritize an ownership mindset — you’re the CEO of your projects and you’ll think like a CEO and have the freedom and autonomy to make your own decisions.
- 5+ years of data analysis/quantitative experience, preferably within Machine Learning and Product environments
- Sophisticated knowledge of statistics, linear & non-parametric models, and advanced SQL engineering experience
- Proficient in the use of Python, pandas, Jupyter notebooks and SQL-based analytics dashboards (e.g., data studio), and familiarity with common statistical packages and visualization tools.
- Skilled data illustrator who makes market-ready graphs, slides, figures and presentations
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills
- Proven understanding of Product and Business analytics, fundamentals, and processes
- Proven ability to synthesize data insights into actionable recommendations
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience in Bayesian statistics and causal inference methods
- Designed, implemented, and analyzed A/B or multi-arm experiments
- Written production quality code for reproducible analytics pipelines
- Creativity and resourcefulness with an appetite to solve previously unsolved problems
Us: We're the leading AI Guidance Platform company in the insurance industry today, working with some of the largest insurance companies in the US and expanding globally. We are growing incredibly fast, having started just 3 years ago. We excel at converting pilots to production deployments and we have a unicorn path ahead at a time when the market is battering other tech firms. Our technology has already helped tens of thousands of people and is helping more every single day.
The Fit: We’re a team of architects and visionaries who thrive on being first. We’ve created a fun, passionate, humorous, friendly, and fiercely-driven engineering culture that values delivery and personal impact above everything else. We are open to sponsoring candidates who currently are in the US and need to transfer their active H1-B visa.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance – Work from home / work from NYC (whether you’re local to NYC or visiting us on a company-paid trip); we offer generous PTO, sick leave, and weekly wellness time; and you can join us at off-site company trips (we have taken everyone to Jackson Hole and Puerto Rico in past years)
- Well-Being – Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching with 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Home & Family – Flexible 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers); for new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule; and we also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Office Life – Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space; $500 for your in home office setup and $200/ year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training –$1,000/year for each employee for professional development so you can have the ability to grow as we do.
Join Us if you want to win big, play hard, and be the engineer who makes a difference in the tech world, inside EvolutionIQ, for our clients, and in the lives of the sick and injured people our software is helping every day.