Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a collaborative AWS Manager. Is it you?
The System Infrastructure Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Engineering and Chief Security Officer to ensure that the Evive Infrastructure is always functioning effectively and securely. The System Infrastructure Manager must have strong organisational and communication skills in order to collaborate with colleagues in different departments to deliver on expectations.
Here’s what a AWS Manager- Infrastructure Systems does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Overseeing both the technical and managerial aspects of the System Infrastructure team, who is responsible for maintaining the Infrastructure.
- Manage and secure Infrastructure to maximise uptime and protection of data by ensuring that systems are online and fully operational as much as possible and small hiccups don’t escalate into catastrophes.
- Define, measure and meet Key Operational Metrics.
- To make sure all relevant data (ex: performance metrics, service levels, server status and both planned and unplanned system outages, etc) are properly collected and stored.
- Deliver the collected reports to higher-level employees on a regular daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Maintain logs, documentation, and reports of activity ex: logging all bugs, repairs, software updates and any other network irregularities, etc.
- Plan, direct and design elements in infrastructure to secure and improve the (new or existing) System Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with colleagues and department heads in order to develop strategies that will help the Infrastructure team better align itself with the company’s overall financial and corporate strategy.
- To monitor all critical Infrastructure issues and escalate them timely.
- Having the proper tools and people in place to effectively manage the Infrastructure Services regardless of them being on-premise or in the Cloud.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor/Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 9+ years of experience in System Engineering or related roles.
- 2+ years of hand on experience architecting and designing production scale systems in Cloud
- Having extensive technical knowledge to manage the Infrastructure Services on Cloud.
- Have a good understanding of Server technologies ex: operating systems, physical servers, virtual servers, storage, backups, and disaster recovery, etc.
- You need to be intimately familiar with AWS and related technologies, a minimum of 5 years of working experience in AWS is expected.
- Hold one or more professional certifications related to Certified Systems Engineer, Solutions Expert or Network Expert, etc.
- Have a good understanding of distributed architecture and technologies ex: Apache Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Have a good understanding of Application Servers, Web Servers, and Databases in some way or the other.
- Highly focused on details as security and functionality of the infrastructure are on the same line.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to strategize, plan and collaborate with both higher-level and lower-level colleagues.
- Risk management skills and style to present data and detail to various levels of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and style to drive Infrastructure projects to meet internal as well as company-wide goals.
- Have excellent people skills in order to effectively manage the team.
- Have an understanding of Development Environment Software.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Live breakfast counter, wholesome lunches, and evening snacks. Every day.
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay.
- Paid Time Off
- Employer-paid medical insurance
- Company-sponsored book club
- Quarterly events with give-aways!
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.