Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for an eager Software Engineer. Is it you?
At Evive, our team is building a data driven communications platform, empowering millions of people to take full advantage of their employer benefits.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to be a part of our product engineering organization. You will join an existing agile engineering team, participating in all day to day activities as you help develop and deliver improvements to our core SaaS platform.
If you had been here in the past few months you would have played a role in developing:
- a file ingestion engine using AWS Fargate and EventBridge
- a serverless campaign generation system, sending targeted communications to millions
- fully automated build, test, and deploy pipelines, allowing your team to continuously deliver
Here’s what a Software Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Help your team to build and deliver high quality technical solutions, while advancing our product capabilities.
- Write production code in TypeScript and C#.
- Develop automated test cases, and build pipelines that execute them.
- Build out AWS services using infrastructure as code.
- Participate in all team activities and agile ceremonies.
- All other duties as assigned.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience writing code in an object oriented programming language.
- Experience developing database driven solutions.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or event driven systems a plus.
- Experience working in AWS preferred.
- Collaborative by nature with a strong desire to continuously improve teams and technology.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 2% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive. Apply now!