Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a diligent Data Engineer. Is it you?
We are looking for a Data Engineer ranging from 1-2 years of experience to Senior Data Engineers with 5+ years of experience. The Data Engineer designs and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster and more accurate data-informed recommendations and decisions both inside and outside of the Evive platform. On a daily basis they design and build services to collect, compile, normalize, and analyze data assets coming from multiple sources internally and externally. The Data Engineer understands good API Design, Data Pipelining, and is diligent about Data Security.
Here’s what a Data Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Collects, stores, processes, and analyzes raw and/or complex data from multiple sources, recommends ways to apply the data, chooses and designs optimal data solutions, and builds data processing systems, using expertise in data lake solutions and working with the latest database technologies.
- Monitors and maintains the quality of the data, reports on results, investigates data quality problems, and takes ownership over fixing the issues.
- Participates in designing data pipeline architectures and data storage strategies that meet the requirements of the business.
- Serves as a data subject matter expert, collaborates with business owners or external clients to establish an analysis plan to answer key business questions, and delivers both reporting results and insights.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer for a SaaS company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in designing and developing dimension-fact data models for data marts will be preferred.
- Strong coding skills; Python and/or Java preferred.
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud services a must.
- Experience with Redshift or Athena will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in using CI/CD tooling with Jenkins, Azure Devops or similar technologies.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with serverless technologies such as Lambda a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef preferred.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire!
- Breakfast + Lunch + evening tea and snacks - we have buffets!
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay.
- Paid Time Off.
- Two work-from-home days every month.
- Employer-paid medical insurance.
- Bean bags and swings: ditch the workstation!
- Company-sponsored book clubs.
- Opportunity to attend latest tech conferences.
- We eat lot of cake whenever possible!
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.