Head of DevOps
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a progressive leader. Is it you?
An analytical thinker, you constantly seek opportunities to learn and to grow your skill set. Technology is a passion, and you enjoy staying up to date on the latest trends and opportunities for innovative software development. You’re always looking for ways to improve processes, with a knack for automating repetitive tasks.
Here’s what the Head of Devops does at Evive:
- Design infrastructure and automated systems to support a highly scalable, secure data-services platform
- Assist with the hiring & retaining of a strong team that will enhance the Cloud operations knowledge, capabilities and contribute to the overall culture
- Develop tools to manage configuration and deployment of infrastructure
- Automate security and policy configuration and audit checks
- Design and improve CI/CD tools and techniques
- Collaborate with technology & operations executives to design and execute on the optimal direction to meet current needs.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Minimum 5 years of SaaS ops/Devops experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Proven Leadership experience of building, managing & leading globally dispersed teams
- Experience with configuration-management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Skilled with Python or Ruby for automation scripting
- Working experience with container technology, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud orchestration tools such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experienced in using CI/CD tooling with Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or similar technologies
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.