Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
The People Partner is responsible for ensuring all team members have an experience that is representative of our core values. Focusing in on how to help all team members work together more efficiently through modernized people programs that provide support. This individual will partner closely with the shared services HR teams and the be accountable for onboarding/offboarding, performance and comp cycles, engagement survey and action plans, org design, identifying learning needs, immigration and day to day coaching and team members relations.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building relationships with business leaders, team members, and within the People organization across our parent company, PEAK6, shared services and Evil Geniuses
- Working closely with business leaders and team members to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Partnering with functional People leaders to develop new and innovative solutions to help drive key People initiatives across the organization including team members on-boarding, compensation, talent acquisition, performance management, workforce planning, professional development, and succession planning.
- Managing and resolving complex team members relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Providing day to day performance management and policy guidance to business leaders (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Developing and implementing change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
- Owning and maintaining team members hard and electronic files, including accurate form collection by employment type, regular I-9 and team members agreement audits, ensure compliance with state and federal laws
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven partnership ability – both strategist and practitioner of PEOPLE programs – with a strong track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives
- Ability to flex style between the needs of our teams
- Ability to influence senior leadership is essential
- Proven analytical ability
- Ability to facilitate and coach business leaders and their leadership teams
- Ability to problem solve, manage conflict, and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization