Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
As the Marketing Project Manager, you’ll be the lead for big projects that touch upon all EG’s main revenue initiatives, spanning marketing – content, creative, and community, as well as sponsorships – sales and activations. Be prepared to balance a mix of creative, operational, and strategic responsibilities.
You will lead the development of special initiatives, platforms, and projects that have long-term planning horizons and help drive revenue for the company. This will include everything from merchandise drops, to sponsorship platforms, the ensuing activations associated with the platforms, and helping to execute the marketing strategy for big tournaments. Reporting to the CRO, you will work very closely with the heads of other departments and the leaders of the revenue teams.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, excellent project management, speed to execution, and organization, reporting directly into the CRO. Must have a keen eye for detail, experience creating reports, good multitasking ability, and flexibility. Leadership and management skills are a big plus, as you will be the point person and coordinator for projects.
- First point of contact internally and externally for projects that span multiple revenue teams for delegation and to ensure proper staffing
- Manage projects of various scales from beginning to end, including the following: gain internal alignment, execute consistent status meetings, provide timelines and executional roadmap, ensure constituent feedback and buy-in
- Through consistent communication with the Sponsorships and Marketing leaders, ensure their expectations for brand voice and vision are captured in all projects
- Coordinating marketing staff members and deliverables from each marketing team per project
- Working with the partnerships department and community team to execute smooth delivery of sponsor activations and events
- Procuring, negotiating, contracting, and managing contracted teams, talent, and vendors as needed
- Reporting on the pacing and outcome of each project
- Working closely with the business operations team for data procurement throughout projects and for analysis before and afterwards
- Step up to ensure the whole marketing department is running smoothly when the Director of Marketing is off
- 5-10 years of professional project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to multitask and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of managing and executing projects on-time and on budget
- Ability to work as both an independent contributor and engage teams and teammates
- Experience with analytics and creating reports
- Enthusiasm for video games
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to navigate and analyze information to clearly and quickly work through the key issues, problems, and opportunities and relay complex information and ideas to teams for execution
- Excellent business judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate