Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
This position will report to the CEO and will provide support for financial planning and analysis, strategy, financial modeling and reporting. You will be responsible for consolidating and communicating the financial state of the business to internal stakeholders including business leads and finance teams, as well as creating the foundational processes and best practices for a budding finance department. Additionally, you will support the business leads in deal and business analysis, helping drive insights, revenue opportunities, and vital decision making.
You will be the go-to manager for critical day-to-day accounting transactions for Evil Geniuses, from multi-sourced revenue streams to a variety of vendor payments.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Driving financial planning and analysis (FP&A) functions including forecasts, annual operating plans, long-term plans, KPI analysis, budget variance analysis, and preparing for various stages of executive review
- Preparing monthly reporting packages and related comprehensive analysis for variances and trends for senior management
- Leading and managing the operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing/reporting, cash, inter-company expenses, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Completing Month-End Close: which includes posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing monthly financials
- Partnering closely with Evil Geniuses’ Human Resources team regularly
- Liaising with various corporate shared services teams at Evil Geniuses’ parent company as necessary (e.g. FP&A, Accounting, Legal, etc.)
- Working with related parties to ensure deadlines and deliverables are meet on a reoccurring basis
- Collaborating with management to identify, design, and implement process improvements and policies for greater efficiency
- Ensuring that adequate internal financial controls exist in the business to safeguard company assets and limit risk. Routinely evaluate existing controls, policies and procedures to support growth and expansion
- Shaping the company’s overall business strategy by developing strategic plans and assessing company performance
- Managing and supporting customer and vendor relationships
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 7-10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Auditing and/or Controllership with at least 2+ years in a senior role. Various roles within finance/accounting departments (Finance Generalist) is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and make data driven decisions
- Ability to solve problems independently and propose solutions
- Strong Excel skills
- Desire to join a diverse and experienced leadership team in a fast-paced, exciting culture
- Relevant industry knowledge is a plus
- NetSuite experience is a plus
Be Bold. Be Unique. Be Fearless. BE Genius.