Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
We are looking for a results-oriented, go-to-market Chief Revenue Officer to join Evil Geniuses. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for all revenue generating processes within Evil Geniuses. The CRO is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue operations. This individual will be accountable for the performance of all RevOps functions within the organization, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success.
This dedicated leader will work effortlessly to ensure that their team is focused and aligned with the company’s growth targets. The CRO will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic. The ideal individual will have a long history of building strong customer relationships, coupled with the market know-how to specify, strategize, and define opportunities.
- Drive scale and profitability by appropriately professionalizing Evil Geniuses go-to-market strategy and sales function
- Work with the CEO and other leadership to develop the annual business plan and growth targets
- Develop and execute short, mid and long-term strategies for Sales, Marketing, fan acquisition and engagement. Lead the marketing and sales departments, including the more esports bespoke areas in activations, merchandising, and fan-interfacing initiatives
- Drive marketing leadership to create and execute winning and creative marketing strategies to drive profitable growth
- Propel sales leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value with a focus on speed to execution
- Inspire customer success leadership to define and deliver on the fan value proposition, without sacrificing firm profitability targets
- Uphold the balance between keeping esports authenticity and passion while focusing on revenue results
- Effectively resolve issues across the marketing/sales and constituent success functions – must be comfortable with conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Grow, and develop a dynamic sales and marketing team through mentorship and leadership
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and performance expectations for their team
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for Evil Geniuses’ core values
- Proven results as a Chief Revenue Officer or a similarly relevant role required
- Previous sales, marketing, and/or customer success leadership experience required
- Experience implementing RevOps strategies required
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical operations required
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics required
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable required
- Ability to create a healthy organizational culture required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required
- Experience working with partnership/sponsorship sales required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred
Be Bold. Be Unique. Be Fearless. BE Genius.