*Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US based remote*
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Data Ingest) to join our Enterprise Data Engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on our Data Platform, coding in Python and SQL and using a modern big data stack built on Apache Spark, StreamSets ETL, and Snowflake to build out data pipelines, data lakes, and analytics tools that scale on the cloud to empower data scientists to gather insights from billions of data points to improve health outcomes.
- Ingest data from digital health sources including fitness trackers, other wearable devices, electronic medical records, survey data, voice transcripts, etc.
- Develop and apply data transformations to meet business requirements.
- Design and develop privacy solutions to comply with CCPA and GDPR.
- Design scalable, high performance solutions that continuously handle terabytes of data.
- Understand overall performance, and design around improving data performance using different technologies, algorithm efficiencies and infrastructure architecture.
- Design and implement metrics and alerting to ensure timely data processing.
- 5+ years experience in data engineering or full-stack engineering with strong database skills
- Proficiency with big data processing technologies (Spark, Airflow, Kinesis Firehose)
- Experience with ETL (Streamsets, Informatica, Pentaho, Fivetran, Custom Solution, etc.)
- Experience building Data Warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, DBT etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g., Postgres, MySQL, Oracle) and Distributed Datastores (e.g., S3)
- Proficiency with at least one interpreted, object oriented programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Distributing computing experience on the cloud (AWS, Google)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Work effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Take personal responsibility for driving initiatives forward and continually improving the product
- Quality-focus, ensuring proper test coverage for all the code you write
Evidation measures health in everyday life and enables anyone to participate in groundbreaking research and health programs. Built upon a foundation of user privacy and control over permissioned health data, Evidation's Achievement platform is trusted by millions of individuals—generating data with unprecedented speed, scale, and rigor. We partner with leading healthcare companies to understand health and disease outside the clinic walls. Guided by our mission to enable and empower everyone to participate in better health outcomes, Evidation is working to bring people individualized, proactive, and accessible healthcare—faster.
- Put individuals first
- Challenge each other and state your good intent
- Go fast while maintaining quality and integrity
- Work to win together
OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary + performance bonus + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with generous company contribution
- Company-provided life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Wellness and wearable device reimbursements, mental health benefits, wellness programs
- Employee advisory committee focused around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingness
- Distributed teams and flexible work hours
- Take time when you need it: 13 paid company holidays + flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mobile phone, home internet, and home office furniture reimbursements
- Apple laptop and your choice of monitor + noise cancelling headphones
- LinkedIn Learning and other professional growth opportunities