Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and healthcare companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
The Engineering Manager - Mobile will partner closely with the product team to manage project scope and to ensure that technical deliverables are met. Managers are comfortable managing team members with different skill sets from their own. They communicate expectations clearly to all team members, solicit and deliver individual feedback frequently (not just in the scope of review periods). In addition, the Mobile Engineering Manager acts as a leader for the technical roadmap, working in conjunction with the product team and the engineering director. They clearly communicate the timeline, scope and risks to their stakeholders, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines. Additionally, they identify areas of strategic technical debt, do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt and communicate suggested timelines for prioritizing this to the management team.
Great managers remember that their success is measured by the success of their team members. The manager is a critical role to the success of any software development team. They are the sounding board for their developers, the voice of Engineering to other business functions, and make critical technical decisions that can make or break a project. Delivering great software solutions that meet user needs require great Tech Leads.
We have offices in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Barbara, and are considering candidates for all three offices.
- Guides mobile team towards a solution
- Makes sure that everyone understands and follows major technical decisions
- Finds answers to questions with high impact on the team’s productivity and morale
- Considers service reliability, performance, architectural approach that is matched with scope, impact, and timeliness of request
- Facilitates execution of tasks oriented towards the team’s goal
- Helps teams structure work and solve coordination issues faced by their teammates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- 7+ years experience building and scaling mobile iOS consumer products
- 3+ years leadership experience in mobile engineering
- Experience with Swift or Objective C
- BS/ MS in Computer Science, or related degree
- Xcode or Kotlin
- Managing distributed teams
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives