Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and healthcare companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist to assist with maintaining, upgrading, and managing our software, hardware, and networks, as well as providing technical support to our employees. Resourcefulness is an essential skill for this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, as well as have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
The IT Support Specialist will report to the Systems Administrator and be a part of the Employee Experience Team. This role will be based in the San Mateo office and will also need to be able to provide both virtual and onsite support to our employees who work at our offices in San Francisco and Santa Barbara, as well as remotely.
- Support the wireless/wired networking infrastructure, as well as conference rooms using Chromebox with Google Hangouts and audio/visual equipment required to run company meetings.
- Provide support to troubleshoot a wide array of technical issues related to computers, phones, applications, etc.
- Manage IT requests from end-users submitted through Slack, email, Jira, and in-person.
- Apply OS and application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Assist with employee and consultant on-/off-boarding and account provisioning.
- Set-up and manage laptops and mobile devices using Mobile Device Management software (Airwatch) in accordance with company standards and operational requirements.
- Inventory IT equipment where required.
- Assist with managing SaaS applications including (G-Suite, Slack, Box, Jira, Confluence, LastPass, Kisi, Office 365, Greenhouse, Invision, Adobe, Lucidchart, Smartsheets, Apple DEP, and more).
- Create and update documentation for technical on-/off-boarding processes, system configurations, and SaaS management for both internal IT support and end-users.
- Assist with cleaning up old accounts to free up resources and licenses for future use.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma / GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: 4+ years in the field of IT / Desktop Support
- Certifications: Always a plus but not strictly required
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to self manage, triage multiple issues, and always be learning
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives