At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Raw Material Team researches, develops, sources and builds the supplier mill matrix/strategy for each product category in order to bring to life every sustainable fabric and trim component that makes up an Everlane garment, shoe, and accessory. So that we can...
- Deliver on our promise of quality to our customers
- Support the Everlane business in meeting our goals in service of cost and sustainability
- Positively impact the lives within our global supply chain and our customer base
The ideal candidate is passionate about emerging materials and innovative solutions while having expert knowledge in textile development across knits and wovens. As a Material expert, you will work with external textile technology providers, textile mills, raw material suppliers, yarn suppliers and manufacturers to create solutions that bring to life the next generation of innovative sustainable raw materials for Everlane.
This position will also engage in driving special projects that will fuel and support new product concepts and support strategic development efforts within the Everlane business.
You will display a number of behaviors with a keen focus on an entrepreneurial spirit, creative insight, disciplined problem solving, personal accountability, economic decision making, and critical thinking skills. While working independently or cross-functionally with a diverse set of teams across Everlane.
This is a full-time role based at our San Francisco office headquarters in the Mission neighborhood. This person will report to our Director of Raw Materials & Innovation.
- You’ll be working on a wide range of projects that span conceptualization to commercialization, including solving complex problems for all types of materials, specifically around new and emerging fiber and textile technology spaces.
- Collaborate with the supply chain and global partners to develop and build brand stewardship and ensure that the brand vision is clearly understood and successfully brought to life with every raw material we offer.
- Drive projects and ensure their successful technical implementation, economic feasibility, and are production ready in order to provide a competitive advantage and have significant value creation potential.
- Filter, prioritize and align innovation projects to the core business strategies and key initiatives.
- Responsible for providing updates to inform stakeholders and development partners about the innovation projects you are covering.
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape in the fibers and textile sustainability world as sources of insight and inspiration.
- Develop industry-changing products, technology, and/or processes to ensure Everlane’s products are leading the industry
- Protect intellectual property appropriately with non-disclosure agreements, patents and other IP decisions
- Use data analytics to stay current on customer trends, industry innovation and new technology pertaining to raw materials, advances and applications.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Knowledge in the manufacturing of cut and sew garments.
- Proficient technical knowledge of yarn spinning and processing, weaving and knitting processes, fabric dyeing, printing and finishing
- Knowledge of government regulations, safety protocols and performance standards for textiles.
- Knowledge of material supply chains, sustainability and life cycle analysis/assessment, a plus.
- Experience partnering with suppliers/vendors to develop and test material from inception to production
- Ability to work effectively with varying groups of people globally, both internal and external, to achieve business results
- Ability to prioritize among competing deliverables across multiple seasons and collaborate with and influence a broad group of partners and stakeholders
- Respects, appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches
- Self motivated, able to perform in an ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of 5-8 years relevant industry experience in Fiber and Textile Science, Materials Science or a related field, or combination of education, experience, and training
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.