At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
This role is responsible for building, developing, and nurturing a team that embodies the Everlane ethos. You are most enthusiastic about people, building relationships, and networking within your local community and store team. You are passionate about engaging with others and fostering a friendly, warm environment for them to thrive in. You are a leader who uses the brand and customer lense to guide your hiring decisions in an effort to support the overall store experience. You are a great communicator and work closely with your store leadership team. You are organized and excited about the details; you love putting the pieces of building a team together. You stand side by side throughout the new hire onboarding journey ensuring that it is seamless from start to end.
As an Assistant Store Leader, you:
- Foster a space where team members are continuously developed and work effectively together to meet company’s goals
- Actively asses key financial indicators to identify strengths and opportunities that advance the business
- Get the most out of your team and resources, finding ways to get work done and holding self and others accountable
- Apply lessons from different experiences to new situations and create opportunities for self and others to develop
Your day to day:
- Lead the in-store customer journey and bring our service model to life while providing direction and feedback to your team
- Cultivate talent by building and maintaining strong internal and external networks connected to your local community and store team
- Lead the acquisition of new talent from start to finish (source talent through digital resources, manage open requisitions, screen applications, interview candidates, and execute offers)
- Support Human Resources by documenting infractions and administering corrective action
- Organize and facilitate the onboarding process for new team members.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with the rest of your store leadership team
- Strong organization skills and are excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers
The fine print: Everlane is reacting to what retail will look like post Covid-19 so flexibility and resilience is key. Keeping a clean and organized space for everyone's health and safety will be a top priority in this role. More details on new policies and procedures will be shared during the interview process. This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.