At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
Everlane’s Retail teams are on a mission to ensure our customers experience excellent, fast, and easy service when interacting with us. Everlane’s retail distribution model is unique in the industry. We leverage multiple formats, including stores and events to engage and interact with customers. Each touchpoint and experience is designed to delight the customer and exceed their expectations. Everlane currently has seven brick and mortar stores with plans to expand to major cities across the country.
As a District Manager, you lead a portfolio of stores and coach a team of Store Leaders to deliver the following: optimal customer and employee experience, operational excellence, merchandising execution, maximum productivity and profitable sales and earnings growth. You are accountable to drive consistent, high performance across all initiatives, and for ensuring consistency between your stores as measured by performance results.
This position will report to the VP of Retail and needs to be based either in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York or Boston.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance across your portfolio of stores.
- Drive profitable sales through effective business analysis; identifying financial opportunities in your portfolio of stores and developing action plans to deliver desired results. Monitor performance and consistently follow-up to ensure results are delivered, examples include: controllable expenses, payroll, inventory management and topline sales.
- Build a high performing team and develop a strong talent pipeline. Attract, hire, and retain the best talent to meet short and long term company goals.
- Develop individual capabilities via clear expectations, performance conversations, recognition and accountability. Addressing performance issues that affect profitability in order of priority.
- Collaborate with business partners in the following areas of the business: Human Resources, Operations, Visual Merchandising and other HQ partners to make appropriate business decisions and ensure execution of deliverables.
- Foster and maintain an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Lead effective store visits focused on driving behaviors which enable the team to consistently deliver results in all areas of the business.
- Lead the Store Opening process for all new retail locations, including: project plans, business partner deliverables, hiring and training to ensure a successful new store opening.
- Identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals when confronted with obstacles; plan for contingencies. Identify and solve problems with sustainable solutions.
- Ensure stores are operating in compliance with Everlane Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. Additionally, adhering to Local, State, and Federal laws.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ year’s multi-unit, high volume, complex business leadership preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results; execute based upon direction and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build merchandising capability and coach to sustain visual expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse, high performing teams with an inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and enable change.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve beyond what is expected, and take actions or use improvements or learnings to exceed existing goals.
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight and/or between stores as required. Travel percentage is dependent on business needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.