At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
We hold the highest standards for quality at Everlane - it’s a big part of who we are. The Quality Assurance team is the secret sauce to building products that stand the test of time. We are a dedicated team of individuals who leverage our technical expertise to test new products and materials, inspect goods and deliver on the highest quality standards in both development and bulk production.
We are looking for a Quality Control Lead to join the QA team to oversee all inspections. In this role, you will interact with our products, factories and internal team to identify and solve for any possible quality issues. Communication is key. You will stay in constant communication with factories, the third party testing team and auditing firms during your day-to-day. Additionally, this role will partner with Production, Technical Design, Merchandising, and Logistic teams to deliver the highest quality products on time.
This position will report the Director of Tech Design & QA. This is a full-time role based at our San Francisco office located in the Mission neighborhood. If not local, candidates must be willing to relocate to San Francisco for this role.
- Lead a team of one and manage Everlane’s inspection program
- Build and drive a best-in-class inspection strategy; establish protocols, keep SOPs updated and partners informed of best practices.
- Partner with internal team and a third party firm to coordinate global inspections for garments, shoes and accessories
- Communicate inspection results internally and externally to key stakeholders, and partner with factories to ensure continuous improvement
- Rapid-response to investigate, diagnose (root cause analysis) and solve any bulk quality issues with urgency
- When any quality issues surface, expediently partner with the factory and the internal team to build out corrective action and preventive action plan and keeping internal partners informed
- Manages the Top Of Production (TOP) process for shoes and accessories and provide approval or rejection to factories
- Track and analyze defect reporting, identifying themes and partnering with the internal team and factories to proposing solutions
- Define, track, evaluate and report each factories performance metrics on a regular basis
- Manages additional projects as assigned by leadership
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance in textiles, apparel, accessories or home goods with a focus on inspections
- 2+ years people management experience
- Has field experience in quality control
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Fast-paced working style, highly organized, and strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Passionate about the craftsmanship of products and sustainability
- Interested and willing to travel both domestically and internationally
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial
- Added bonus if you:
- Have experience in footwear
- Have a BA/BS degree in Textiles Science or Textile Engineering
- Speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Italian