At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The product development and production teams are responsible for managing the development and manufacturing of our products. This requires us to work with many cultures and countries around the world along with several cross-functional teams. We are responsible for ethical factory sourcing and allocation, margin negotiations, building a complex product calendar and on-time delivery. We partner and problem solve with Design, Merchandising, Raw Materials, Tech Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Marketing and Logistics to create and deliver the best product possible while supporting our sustainability initiatives.
This is a full-time role based at our San Francisco office located in the Mission neighborhood.
- Managing the process from inception through production, ensuring all x-functional partners are doing their part following the development calendar
- Setting fabric cost targets with Raw Material that allow us to meet IMU/AUC targets
- Partner with Design on vendor allocation based on styling/design/execution
- Troubleshooting cost, construction, quality issues, making recommendations and problem solving
- Ensure clarity of deliverables for deadlines
- Review trim cards and TOPS for accuracy
- Work closely with Planning on forecasting and capacity planning. Drive the process.
- Build and drive framework with Merchandising and Planning on responsive capabilities
- Work closely with factory base on quality expectations, WIPS, T&A’s
- Manage early books and off cycle calendars
- Manage raw material platforming
- Keep our systems maintained with product details such as costing, liability reconciliation, fabric platform maintenance, preseason bookings
- Source new vendors, bid out programs
- Manage a direct report including coaching, goal-setting, performance evaluation, and supporting their career development
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years of apparel product development and production experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and is open to changes with the ability to adapt to new situations quickly
- An entrepreneurial & resourceful approach with creative problem solving skills
- Exhibit personal leadership with high level of business acumen
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Experience working with factories and mills directly and have traveled internationally
- Robust communication skills both internally and externally
- Organizational skills, are timely and hold yourself to a high level of accuracy
- Background in managing/maintaining factory capacity
- Capability building responsive strategies around chase and speed to react to sales
- Strategic capability
- Knowledge of how to source and vet new suppliers