At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team is a growing function at Everlane. We are responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, and analytical processes that support our company’s strategies and drive for profitability. We have the unique advantage of being able to work across all departments, allowing for cross functional collaboration and the ability to impact performance across multiple areas of the business.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team where you will help us to understand our business in the present and support our growth for the future. You will be responsible for partnering with key business leaders (Digital and Brand Marketing, Retail, US & International Ecommerce Channel leads, Planning, Merchandising, and Logistics) to drive profitable growth. You will play a critical role in leading the revenue and margin forecasting for our channels, developing analytical insights, and evaluating investment decisions. In this role you will be managing forecasting models and reporting, along with implementing and revising processes to support our overall planning processes.
This position will report to our VP of FP&A. The role is expected to be based in San Francisco, however can remain remote for the remained of 2021. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Bay Area by 2022 if they are not already in the local area.
- Own the sales and margin forecasting modeling and processes for both the online and retail channels, setting targets and developing KPI standards
- Drive revenue and margin accountability across the business leaders, partnering to generate and support profitable growth
- Conduct advanced analytics supporting marketing, product, promotional investments, delivering actionable insights that drive decision making and solutions to problems
- Strong partnership with Digital Marketing to develop cohort analysis, forecast traffic, conversion, new activations, repeat, etc.
- Drive alignment with Planning team on inventory levels, margin targets, and revenue projections
- Lead a focused effort on gross margin improvement (product, fulfillment, shipping)
- Continuous innovation on our planning/forecasting processes, tools, and reporting; focused effort on building gross margin forecasts and quantifying drivers
- Lead in-depth weekly, monthly, and quarterly re-forecasts and business updates to the Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and other internal communications
- Support multiple areas of the annual and long range planning processes supporting the company’s financial goals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 8+ years of financial analysis experience; past experience with revenue and margin
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, apparel or consumer sectors preferred
- Advanced competency in Excel with best-in-class financial modeling skills
- Systems experience with report building; Anaplan a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking and project management skills, requiring minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with success partnering and collaborating across functions and all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for improvement and take the initiative to drive the necessary change