At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
This role is responsible for creating and leading a best-in-class store experience and motivating a team of Ambassadors to exceed results. You are most enthusiastic about our customers and the experience they have while in our store. You are business-minded and a natural problem solver. You seek opportunities to improve processes and productivity to impact performance results. You use the brand and customer lens to guide your decision. Change excites you and you enjoy rolling out new initiatives to your team. You enjoy being the host of a party, and a champion of our “Path To Yes” mentality. You are a great communicator and work closely with your store leadership team.
You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this role.
As an Assistant Store Leader, you:
- Foster a space where team members are continuously developed and work effectively together to meet company’s goals
- Actively asses key financial indicators to identify strengths and opportunities that advance the business
- Get the most out of your team and resources, finding ways to get work done and holding self and others accountable
- Apply lessons from different experiences to new situations and create opportunities for self and others to develop
Your day to day:
- Lead the in-store customer journey and bring our service model to life while providing direction and feedback to your team
- Create schedules to deliver a positive internal and external experience while keeping the payroll budget and current financial trends in mind
- Seamlessly execute in-store hospitality initiatives and manage the day-of run of show
- Own in-store service initiatives and follow up on customer feedback
- Manage styling program and booking platform
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with the rest of your store leadership team
- Strong organization skills and are excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers
The fine print: Everlane is reacting to what retail will look like post Covid-19 so flexibility and resilience is key. Keeping a clean and organized space for everyone's health and safety will be a top priority in this role. More details on new policies and procedures will be shared during the interview process. This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.