At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The PR team at Everlane is responsible for driving the brand’s mission through strong narratives around our product and programs. The PR team plays a critical role in shaping brand perception, driving relevance and building relationships within the fashion industry, retail, direct to consumer and sustainability worlds. This team not only ensures that as a brand our position is innovative and fresh but that we’re constantly generating news coverage of product launches and our mission-driven programs.
As the PR Manager you will lead Everlane’s efforts in championing our brand to mainstream media, industry trade and category influencers to grow brand awareness and recognition. The right candidate will drive our strategic approach to PR, advocate and align our programs internally, and create stories that capture both media interest and consumer attention. This also includes leading our agency partners for both consumer and corporate communications strategy, as well as managing our fashion and industry relationships & celebrity partnerships. This role reports directly to the marketing director and will lead a team.
- Developing sharp storytelling: You’ll lead cross functional relationships with brand, product development and other key departments within the company to identify critical product differentiation for storytelling on both regular business and new products.
- Building our Communications Strategy: You’ll develop high impact plans that communicate our campaign strategy, key insights and deliver results against major campaigns and programs.
- Agency Management: You’re experienced in leading PR agencies with the ability to develop comprehensive agency strategy for brand, product and corporate communication strategies.
- Media / Influencer Savvy: You’ll track the changing national media landscape, including fashion & consumer press, and are comfortable driving story ideas & outcomes with this audience. In addition, the ability to develop relationships with key editors and fashion press as well as stylists and agents.
- Corporate Communications: You’ll build corporate communication plans for CSR, thought leadership. executive profiles, and business press.
- Leadership: Consistently exhibit leadership and influencing skills including the ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholders, drive teams for outcomes and results, manage ambiguity and influence others to enable buy-in and action.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment, while being highly organized
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability for the brand
- Ability to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners
- A passion for being highly engaged in the fashion world; continually up on news in the industry to drive ideas for Everlane
- Working knowledge / experience within celebrity / influencer marketing
- Experience in the fashion industry a plus
- Experience with national press required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- 6+ years in Communications or Public Relations