At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
This role is responsible for building, developing, and nurturing a team that embodies the Everlane ethos. You will drive your business with a people first mindset, a passion for product, and excellent operational skills. You are a developer of others and have experience building diverse teams. You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that set you apart and you are energized by tackling complex problems. You’re known as a community builder and go-getter and have experience leading a retail store. In this role, you will work with the Everlane Retail Leadership Team.
As a Store Leader, you:
- Make sense of complex information, understand challenges, and coach to solutions to drive the business.
- Develop and deliver vision and purpose while providing communication and direction that ensures others understand how their efforts make a positive difference.
- Attract and select the best talent to meet current and future business needs; develop people to meet both individual and organizational goals.
- Know when to stay the course or shift approach to meet the needs of customers, the team, and business priorities; always rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Your day to day:
- Communicate financial goals to team and share how individual contribution impacts performance results
- Coach, motivate, and inspire other to produce their best work
- Grows others through individualized development plans, supports career, growth and succession planning
- Be the voice of the brand, sharing all relevant information with Team Members
- Actively source, network, and recruit top talent
- Educate Team Members on Everlane’s Mission and Values ensuring that they are reflected in all
- that we do
- Deliver an excellent customer experience through a customer first mindset, leading the sales floor with presence, and coaching to selling behaviors.
- Leads with productivity and profitability through strong operational controls including; strategic scheduling, payroll control and Inventory management
- Owns the stores P & L through controllable metrics; actively analyzes business trends and adjust accordingly
- Leads overall in store environment including but not limited to; Visual merchandising, store standards and cleanliness, replenishment, and marketing
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with others
- Strong operational and organizational skills -- you’re excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading, and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers and Team Members
- May need to climb up and down ladders and have the ability to do so