At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Store Leader is responsible for building, developing, and nurturing a team that embodies the Everlane ethos. You will work as a cross-functional partner and continue to drive your business through excellent operational skills and team management. You love developing others and have experience building diverse teams. You have a customer-first mindset and value a path-to-yes mentality. Your strong interpersonal skills set you apart and you’re energized by tackling complex opportunities. You’re known as a community builder and go-getter and have extensive experience shift managing a high-volume retail store. In this role, you will work with our Retail Leadership Team and will report directly to our Director of Stores.
As a Store Leader, you:
- Make sense of complex information, understand challenges, and coach to solutions to drive the business.
- Develop and deliver vision and purpose while providing communication and direction that ensures others understand how their efforts make a positive difference.
- Attract and select the best talent to meet current and future business needs; develop people to meet both individual and organizational goals.
- Know when to stay the course or shift approach to meet the needs of customers, the team, and business priorities; always rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Your day to day:
- Support and work alongside your Leadership team to drive profitability within your four walls while managing daily/monthly financial goals and parameters
- Ensure Everlane’s brand and mission is represented in the store and with every customer’s experience
- Communicate and disseminate brand updates and initiatives to your team
- Coach your team, identify learning opportunities, and create development plans for career growth
- Continuously source and network outside the organization to attract and build a top talent pipeline for your market
- Drive the business through entrepreneurial leadership, strategic scheduling, and payroll management
- Deliver an excellent customer experience through a customer-first mindset and coach to selling behaviors
- Own financial reporting including weekly updates and profit & loss analysis
- Participate in visual merchandising decisions and ensure brand standards are consistently met
- When necessary work with stakeholders and cross-functional partners as it relates to the retail business process and programs
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with your team, peers, cross-functional partners, and the Retail Leadership Team
- Strong operational and organization skills -- you’re excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading, and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
- Considered resilience as a personal strength
- Can interpret instructions, reports, and information
- Experience managing complex store scheduling and P&L (a big plus if you have experience working with student population)
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers and Team Members
- May need to climb up and down ladders and have the ability to do so