InfoSec Analyst III
everis is a multinational consulting firm providing business and strategy solutions, application development, maintenance, and outsourcing services. Established in 1996, everis has averaged 20% annual growth in revenues, and it became part of NTT Data in January, 2014.
Being part of the NTT Data group enables everis to offer a wider range of solutions and services through increased capacity, as well as technological, geographical, and financial resources.
everis USA is looking for high-achieving team players that are quickly adaptable to new challenges and entrepreneurial ventures. We are currently seeking an InfoSec Analyst III for our client in Holmdel, NJ.
This position works a 4 day 10 hour schedule. They will work Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Sunday. The analyst will work the same days every week, unless there is a need to cover absences on the other shift.
The Security Monitoring Analyst role is part of the Cybersecurity Fusion Center first line of defense in protecting company information systems from internal and external threats reporting to the Cybersecurity Monitoring Director. Individuals in this role will work closely with the Cybersecurity Incident Response teams and Security Technology Admins to fulfill and develop a comprehensive monitoring and investigations capability. The position will be responsible for monitoring security tools to support security event handling, supporting operational efforts around automating detective controls (sources: Intel, Response, Hunt Research) and ensuring real-time detection and monitoring capability enhancements to respond to evolving threats. Candidates will be required to communicate pertinent information throughout the information security teams. Ideal candidates should have demonstrable experience in industry standard operating systems as well as knowing networking and Cyber-attack methods. Must display enthusiasm and interest in Information Security.
Standard Job Requirements
• Monitor for and detect security events from SIEM, Log collection Engines and other security technologies, such as Splunk
• Perform investigations using various Monitoring Security technologies (i.e. IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.)
• Review alerts escalated by end users
• Perform initial triage of incoming issues (initially assessing the priority of the event, initial determination of event to determine risk and damage or appropriate routing of security or privacy data request)
• Monitoring of health alerts and downstream dependencies
• Provide limited response to end users for low complexity security events
• Review and take a proactive approach to false positive and work with the various Security teams to tune and provide feedback to improve accuracy of the alerts.
• Document, investigate and Notifying appropriate contact for security events and response
• Takes an active part in the resolution of events, even after they are escalated
• Five (5) year experience in Information Security Operations.
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of Security investigations process and procedures
• Ability to demonstrate technical experience working with enterprise security technologies like SIEM, antivirus/malware, IDS, WAF, DDoS mitigation platforms.
• General network knowledge, TCP/IP, Internet Routing, UNIX / LINUX & Windows NT
• Understanding of common network services (web, mail, DNS, authentication)
• General Desktop OS and Server OS knowledge
• Demonstrate ability to work with an Incident Management Tool (RSA Archer, ServiceNow).
• Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate experience in windows/Unix scripting languages such as bash, python, regex, power Shell etc.
Preferred Training, Qualifications, and Certifications
• CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
• SEC401: Security Essentials
• SEC511: Continuous Monitoring and Security Operation
• GCIA: GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst
• GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Empowerment and rewards are the cornerstone of our career development model. We are a young, fast-growing company, with a highly innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, because of this professional experience and growth will be unmatched. Our talent and positive attitude allows us to transform our goals into achievements, and projects into realities. Additionally we offer our employees competitive salaries and an unmatched 100% Company Paid Benefits package.
everis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. everis is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.