WHO YOU ARE
You are motivated by the hardest business problems and constantly stretch yourself in your drive to achieve the seemingly impossible – to make healthcare work as it should. Comfortable in ambiguity, confident in face of challenges, analytical and adaptable in mindset, you can create clarity across an organization and mobilize cross-functional teams to get things done. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
WHO WE ARE
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe people living with kidney disease deserve the best care. We are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As the Director, Health Plan Accounting, you will lead our value-based care accounting functions at Evergreen. Reporting to the VP Controller you will work to ensure our value-based care accounting revenue and expenses are recorded correctly and on time. A significant part of your job will be to supervise our value-based care accounting process and liaise with other professionals in finance, actuary operations, and leadership. The ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in value-based care accounting administration and deep knowledge of value-based care accounting. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills. At Evergreen your goal will be to ensure our value-based care accounting procedures are accurate and timely.
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial close process for all JV markets (i.e. review proposed accruals, ensure appropriate adjustments, reconcile estimates to actual, journal entry development, etc.).
- Drive monthly development of reporting, analysis, and insights into value-based care financial performance at a contract and JV level in support of operation team
- Support quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting for the JV partners
- Implements, maintains, and reviews value-based care accounting procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of value-based care accounting transactions
- Assist with preparation of periodic executive and board reporting
- Reconciliation of CMS source data against recorded claims experience
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to value-based care accounting procedures
- Collaborate with various functional departments such as Accounting, Finance, Actuary and Operations on existing and new policies/processes.
- Excellent understanding of multi-location value-based care accounting processes and procedures
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly analytical, self-starter with a drive to execution
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Flexibility in a high speed, dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to team building
- Familiarity with NetSuite, MS Office Suite of products (Excel proficiency required at an advanced/expert level)
- Previous job experience with a Medicare Advantage Health Plan, value-based primary care organization or other related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance preferred
- Excel based financial modeling experience
- 8-10 years of finance, data analysis, accounting, or related experience within a health plan
- Experienced people leader
- CPA preferred
WE’RE GOOD AT
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at four weeks for full-time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match (coming soon), health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We are proud to offer family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We commit to a robust training and development program that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology
- As an inclusive and diverse team, you will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based care model
Pay range for this role is $150,000 to $175,000, with exact pay determined based on experience, education, demand for role, and other role-specific criteria.
Evergreen Nephrology is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
Evergreen Nephrology will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor.
Evergreen Nephrology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email Evergreen Nephrology.com for assistance. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.