EVERFI is an international technology company driving social impact through education to address the most challenging issues affecting society ranging from financial wellness to mental health to workplace conduct and other critical topics. Founded in 2008, EVERFI’s Impact-as-a-Service TM solution and digital educational content have reached more than 41 million learners globally. In 2020, the company was recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company and was featured on Fortune Magazine’s Impact 20 List. The company was also named to the 2021 GSV EdTech 150, a list of the most transformative growth companies in digital learning. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, as well as Advance, Rethink Education, Rethink Impact, The Rise Fund, and TPG Growth. To learn more about EVERFI and how you can #answerthecall please visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Engineer, Quality Engineering role creates automated tests for any of the products within the EVERFI portfolio. This position contributes to building better software by improving speed, efficiency, and collaboration during the product development lifecycle. The Senior Engineer collaborates with Agile development teams and assists with leading the internal Quality Engineering team to deliver quality excellence on all products.
- Write well-designed, modular, and testable code.
- Develop, improve, and extend reusable components and libraries.
- Develop well-designed, modular, and testable code.
- Create test strategies for new features and ensure there is test coverage based on the test plan.
- Identify test gaps and prioritize adding coverage based on areas of risk.
- Contribute and operate as the team lead on one or more development projects.
- Lead test automation implementation and provide guidance on testing approaches for new feature development.
- Coordinate efforts across the engineering, product, and design teams to deliver quality excellence on products.
- Prepare, analyze and report detailed quality health reports to management.
- Proactively evaluate the team’s current approach, workflow, and technologies and present improvements to leadership that can benefit the team and company.
- Assess & implement new technologies for software development, quality, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Promote & implement quality processes, practices, and standardization with various teams
- Write automated tests and implement mocking/stubbing services for sprint activities in collaboration with the Development team.
- Coach and mentor other team members on non-technical and technical quality activities.
- Document defects in products and update resolution in the ticket management system, JIRA.
- Participate in architectural discussions for quality engineering.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Take ownership of test failures and ensure the CI system is reliable.
- Troubleshoot and debug automated test failures within any automation project.
- Maintain knowledge of current testing approaches, tools and technologies.
- Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Identify and drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Software Engineering or an equivalent combination of experience and education in software development
- 3 years of experience in software development (Front-end, Backend, DevOps)
- Experience in developing automated tests for web applications, back-end, mobile applications, or APIs
- Experience in leading and managing a development project
- Expertise in at least one scripting/programming language
- Experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience in testing solution technologies
- Experience designing and implementing testing solutions to improve the speed of testing, efficiency, and reliability
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Git, Github, Gitlab, Confluence, Jenkins, CircleCI, Concourse etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills regarding story pointing/estimation, defects reported, test results and status.
- Advanced analytical skills to resolve complex issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
Work-life, culture, & perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
- Relationships First
- Demand Excellence
- Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
- Act Like an Owner
- Always Show Up
- Share the Credit
- Require Honesty & Positivity
- Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.