EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn orTwitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for developing features and maintaining company software applications. The Senior Systems Engineer partners with other Engineers to review and deploy quality code. This Senior Engineer interacts and has regular meetings with the Program Manager and other Engineers to communicate progress around weekly development plans. In addition the Senior Engineer helps mentor and develop junior team members.
- Write well-documented and structured code on a daily basis to meet weekly software development goals.
- Attend weekly development meetings and actively participate in discussions around best weekly software development goals and best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business analysts, project managers and other engineers
- Complete all assigned tasks in the ticketing system including new development and maintenance requests.
- Mentor junior team members by regularly reviewing and providing feedback on their code.
- Submit code for evaluation and feedback from Engineering team members through use of a version control tool.
- Consistently write unit and integration tests around code and maintain the company test suite.
- Develop a strong understanding of software development methodologies and styles that are most effective.
- Develop a strong understanding of the product code base in order to become more efficient and effective.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5 years of professional experience in backend web application stack, preferably Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Knowledge of test driven development, preferably using Rspec
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application
- Understanding of industry development standards
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Single Sign On (SSO), ReactJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker preferred
- Experience with Kafka or similar, SAML, ReactJS
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
Work-life, culture, & perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
- Relationships First
- Demand Excellence
- Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
- Act Like an Owner
- Always Show Up
- Share the Credit
- Require Honest & Positivity
- Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.