EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for managing EVERFI’s online presence. The Senior Developer oversees and manages the corporate website, content management system, analytics tools, as well as integrations with sales and marketing Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and online forms. In this capacity, the Senior Web Developer focuses on technical search engine optimizations, page size, and load time, and conducts regular conversion rate optimization tests, analyzing test results and reporting outcomes to the Marketing team.
- Develop and maintain the codebase for the corporate website and maintain the company resource page.
- Interpret client specifications and identify website user requirements and complete companywide development projects.
- Create work schedules and manage time lines to meet project deadlines.
- Provide regular and clear updates to internal clients and team members on projects and deliverables.
- Debug various website pages and maintain software documentation.
- Conduct research and keep abreast of social media marketing trends.
- Gather requirements from the marketing team and make technical decisions.
- Audit site architecture and continuously enhance parts where possible.
- Build and edit PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) page templates as well as PHP plugins for WordPress.
- Troubleshoot complex issues related to web applications and web development.
- Continually improve technical search engine optimizations, page size, and load time.
- Remain current into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science preferred, or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- 4 years of website development experience; 5 years preferred.
- Experience with writing code for WordPress as a Content Management System.
- Knowledge of core actions & filters, the WordPress REST API, and how to create plugins using OOP.
- Proficient in PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) development and best practices, such as Test Driven Development.
- Experience with both traditional back-end and front-end development, and integrating PHP with client-side frameworks
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to apply appropriate tools to resolve issues.
- Experience working on website performance optimization such as speed, usability, accessibility, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
Work-life, Culture, & Perks
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment and great office locations
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.