EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn orTwitter @EVERFI.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing features and maintaining company software applications. The Systems Engineer partners with other Engineers to review and deploy quality code. This individual interacts and has regular meetings with the Program Manager and other Engineers to communicate progress on weekly development plans.
- Write well-documented and structured code on a daily basis to meet weekly software development goals.
- Attend weekly development meetings and actively participate in discussions around best weekly software development goals and best practices.
- Complete all assigned tasks in the ticketing system including new development and maintenance requests.
- Submit code for evaluation and feedback from Engineering team members through use of a version control tool.
- Consistently write unit and integration tests around code and maintain the company test suite.
- Develop an understanding of software development methodologies and styles that are most effective.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 years of professional software development experience in backend web application stack required, 3+ years preferred, preferably Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of version control tools such as git is required.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Single Sign On (SSO), ReactJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker are preferred.
- Knowledge of test driven development, especially with Rspec is preferred.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application is preferred.
- Understanding of industry development standards is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects.
Work-life, culture, & perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
- Relationships First
- Demand Excellence
- Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
- Act Like an Owner
- Always Show Up
- Share the Credit
- Require Honest & Positivity
- Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.