EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Manager, Front End Engineering is responsible for providing technical leadership to the engineers and is held accountable for the technical decisions made. The Manager works in close collaboration with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team to deliver amazing online learning experiences for our customers and their learners.
- Develop, improve, and extend reusable components and libraries
- Actively participate and support the team with researching, developing, debugging, maintenance, components creation, wireframes/mockups interpretation, tests creation to drive technical excellence, while pushing innovation and quality
- Identify technical solutions for business requirements, outline solutions for team members to implement, and advise throughout the development process
- Lead, supervise, mentor, and develop team members by providing code review feedback, guidance during the development process, as well as training and coaching opportunities
- Gather requirements from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, style guides, mockups, and other sources and translate them to actual code while also providing feedback to the designers on technical feasibility
- Prioritize and complete assigned tickets such as user stories, tasks and bug fixes during agile sprint cycles in collaboration with team members.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business analysts, designers, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Assist engineering leadership with implementing the technology and business vision, and the development of highly scalable and performant UI components based on front-end applications and frameworks
- Maintain current knowledge on design industry best practices, tools, news, trends, and the latest online strategies
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of Front End Engineering and 5 years of professional experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks
- Experience with conducting detailed code review and ability to analyze its impacts, and provide thorough reviews on both style and logic
- Experience with component-based frameworks like React or Vue
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Understanding of the entire web development process
- Practical experience with industry development standards, practices, and tools including, including but not limited to, git, git-flow, agile/scrum, messaging tools like Slack, project management systems like JIRA, design tools like Invision or Figma, and continuous integration/delivery
- Strong understanding of fundamental programming concepts like object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledge and experience of front-end build/config management, such as yarn/npm, webpack (or similar tools like rollup/parcel), and testing tools like Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Enzyme, Jest, etc is preferred
Work-life, culture, & perks
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Fitness program membership discounts
- Complementary Capital Bikeshare membership
- Casual work environment and great office locations
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.