Everactive brings self-powered intelligence to the physical world. Operating without batteries, the company’s always-on wireless sensors deliver continuous cloud-based analytics at a scale not possible with battery-powered devices. Everactive’s end-to-end solutions are built upon groundbreaking advances in ultra-low-power circuit design and wireless communication that allow the company to power its Eversensors exclusively from harvested energy.
About the role
Everactive is fixing a fundamental problem in industrial IoT with our revolutionary batteryless and wireless sensors. By eliminating batteries, we're able to collect data from equipment that would be uneconomical to monitor if regular sensor maintenance was part of the equation, unlocking new industrial data sources in large volumes and truly enabling large scale predictive maintenance.
Collecting this sensor data requires physically installation on an asset. Installation requires familiarity with industrial environments and assets and standard tools and protocols to work in such an environment. In some cases, basic IT networking skills may be needed to facilitate data flowing to the Cloud through a Gateway.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about using cutting-edge technology to solve challenging problems and isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty, all while providing a wonderful customer experience. You'll be joining a small, hybrid team focused on the Customer Experience, supported by a larger team of data scientists, and hardware and software engineers. The primary goal of this role is to provide field services and help with end-to-end testing of new features with rest of the organization, to channel what our customers are looking for in the usability and installation of our product.
The ideal candidate will be based out of Virginia or North Carolina.
- Deploy and install batteryless Predictive Maintenance (PdM) products
- Debug on-site customer issues include IT and wireless issues
- Provide customer support from the factory
- Support predictive services delivery through our Cloud based product to customers including troubleshooting, inspections and equipment maintenance
- Test new product features end-to-end with the customer’s experience in mind
- Support a variety of equipment, steam traps, low and medium voltage electric motors, pumps, fans, gear boxes, etc.
- Help setup and maintain Customer Experience Centers
- Write detailed reports on installation and customer experience and communicate these internally
- Support internal subject matter experts in site-surveys
- Travel can be up to 75%, M-F
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years in industrial settings
- Very good mechanical knowledge base with familiarity with networking, IoT, and other types of tech devices
- Self-motivated, available to travel when necessary, and able to safely work alone when necessary
- Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
- Strong communication skills for communicating between internal sites and customers
- Proficiency in MS Office and various online productivity software
You’ll stand out if you have experience in:
Please note a successful candidate need not have experience in any of these areas.
- Perform condition-based maintenance testing
- Additional PdM Technology Certifications
- Training others
About our Values
Successful Everactive employees routinely exhibit our four core values:
- Pioneering ideas: to revolutionize computing, we look for the best ideas without being constrained by existing approaches. This clean slate, first principles approach expands our creative scope and helps us lead development of the next generation IIoT with field-changing technology.
- Rigorous, honest thinking: we approach all of our endeavors with intellectual honesty and rigor. This honesty leads us to careful self-evaluation - identifying and admitting what we do not know – and to making hard decisions when we believe they are right.
- Live well, work well: we believe that there are many things in life that are more important than work and that a fulfilling life outside of work makes it easier to do excellent work when you are focusing on the work part of life. Likewise, working well makes life more fulfilling.
- One Team: We are a team of diverse individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We are strongest when we respect and embrace our differences. This requires that we share our thoughts, ask questions, and candidly provide feedback and encouragement to others. We are passionately committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, beliefs, identity, orientation, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity drives our greatest achievements.
Everactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Everactive is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to recruit, hire, and develop an exceptional team of individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We recognize that our team is strongest when we respect and embrace differences while cultivating a culture of inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, orientation, beliefs, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity is what drives our greatest achievements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.