Senior Product Engineers have full stack interest and background, work closely with PMs, designers, & analysts, and unblock themselves with practical solutions. You care deeply about quality user experience and visibility into product metrics, and have a track record of shipping high impact product. You inspire velocity on your team and demonstrate what's possible.
Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. For this role, we are looking for expertise in the client and flexibility on the server.
- Client: React Native (TypeScript, iOS, Android), GraphQL, Relay
- Server: Go, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS (S3, SQS, etc.)
What you'll do:
- Lead and contribute to projects. You will lead projects from start to finish and understand the impact (both process and business) of your technical decisions. You love to code and don’t want to be out of the weeds.
- Bring technical experience. You have meaningful experience building, shipping — and growing — non-trivial products & services and can guide through learned experiences.
- Share technical expertise. You love to mentor other engineers and help them understand complex technical problems and concepts. Keeping knowledge to yourself isn’t fun for you, you love watching others learn and grow.
- Build and maintain documentation. As a growing and remote organization, having the necessary docs are key to our success.
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique domain. We deal with real-world money movement, sensitive financial data at scale, and are creating novel financial mechanics with no real precedent. We also operate in a large codebase (currently, >500k LOC).
What you'll need:
- Expertise in some part of the stack, and a broad understanding of the rest.
- Passion for your craft, people and our mission. You value quality across code, communication, and culture.
- Understanding of how to operate in the unknown. Even is a growing company that doesn’t have it all figured out just yet. You’ll be successful here if you thrive in environments where the directions aren’t laid out for you.
- A desire to keep growing your skills, and an ability to learn quickly; you never stop learning. We hire for slope, not just y-intercept.
What you'll get from us:
- The chance to work on a serious problem that affects more than half the U.S. population.
- A culture that gives you the time and space required to build great things.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and healthcare packages.
- 401(k) with 50% match from Even on up to 6% of your salary.
- A $5,000 annual educational stipend to invest in your learning and development.
- A $500 annual stipend to use towards personal financial advice.
- A $100 monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- A 5-year exercise window on stock options after 2 years at Even.
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that understands building a company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- 3 months bonding leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents. An additional 1.5 months of fully paid leave for pregnancy disability.
- A culture that gives you the autonomy you need to do great work, and the transparency you need to make good decisions.