Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, Credit.com, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for a experienced, proactive Compliance Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for working with the VP, Partner Solutions on defining the processes and documentation for marketing reviews, remediation and escalation procedures and will provide guidance around legal requirements.
- Manage compliance related communication between Even’s marketing partners, partner solutions team, and financial institution partners
- Own the review process for new partner onboarding on both sides of the Even marketplace
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on consumer-facing financial regulations (Reg Z, Reg B, UDAAP, Fair Lending, Reg P, etc)
- Communicate significant issues to management; make recommendations when weaknesses are identified throughout Even and it’s network
- Recommend enhancements and process improvements based on assessment of available regulatory compliance systems and processes
- Develop/improve compliances practices and documentation focusing on marketing, onboarding, remediation, QA, and identification of early risk indicators
- Research and report on regulatory compliance development and make suggestions to related compliance policy and procedure enhancements
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing compliance, 3+ years working on consumer financial products
- Experience with regulations that impact credit card, deposits, or personal loan marketing required
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills
- Preference for candidates who possess a strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to U.S. banking, consumer protection, privacy, and advertising, which include Reg Z, UDAAP, and FairLending.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a highly deadline-intensive environment is required
- Strong attention to detail and effective written and oral communication skills are required