Even is the leading platform evolving financial products and services acquisition. The Even API enables channel partners to connect consumers with real-time decisions and quotes from premium financial institutions. We are a Venture Backed (VC) early-stage fintech company founded in 2015 that is disrupting the way brands, financial services providers, and consumers transact and monetize with online financial services products in personal loans, credit cards, savings accounts and mortgages.
Even Financial is looking for an integrations engineer to become one of the core people that develops patterns and services for client leads and finances, and customer communication tooling. As our engineering team and business have grown, we've identified the need to have someone focus on the improving the integration patterns around bank APIs, as well as email, messaging, and the business teams that run these campaigns. Even Financial needs a talented engineer (of any level) to anchor this practice. This engineer will contribute to a variety of projects including scheduling systems, API integrations, marketing data systems, analytics tools, data sync services, and campaign performance automation.
In this role, you will:
- build services and libraries for new and existing business integrations.
- contribute to applications built on the latest versions of JS, TS, scala, or others.
- analyze data formats and integration with vendor messaging systems, particularly Email.
- practice instrumentation to ensure quality and deliverability.
- develop tooling that implements continuous integration pipelines.
- write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards.
- you have 2+ years experience working as a professional software engineer, or a strong academic background in computer science
- you have experience working with application frameworks and environment tooling
- ideally you have prior experience with Email and messaging systems
- ideally you have experience with session and cookie techniques, such as for Google Analytics, and related measurements.
- you have a meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- you're eager to master evolving technologies and techniques
- you excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting
- you practice intellectual humility when looking at technical problems with business people