Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Even provides essential infrastructure for financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, Credit.com, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to connect consumers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale. The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
We are looking for an experienced senior engineer to lead a dedicated front-end engineering team. In this position, you will provide technical vision, mentor engineers, lead recruitment and help define standards and processes. This team owns a variety of functional areas including embedded UIs, our partner portal, internal tools and a consumer-facing website.
- lead development of customer interactive experiences in React and Typescript.
- lead development of applications built on the Angular and Typescript.
- provide expertise on industry best practices, such as SSR, semantic design, and more.
- define tooling and architecture patterns across implementations.
- aid in improving our continuous integration pipeline.
- write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards.
- mentor the frontend team, and influence other teams on admin app development.
- 4+ years experience working as a professional software engineer, including experience leading an engineering team
- demonstrated experience working with modern frameworks and tools
- solid understanding of browser engines, and how to audit performance
- experience defining and implementing abstract architecture used by many applications
- meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- you excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting
- you're constantly learning, and evolve your handling of new technologies and techniques