Even is the leading platform evolving financial products and services acquisition. The Even API enables channel partners to connect consumers with real-time decisions and quotes from premium financial institutions. We are a Venture Backed (VC) early-stage fintech company founded in 2015 that is disrupting the way brands, financial services providers, and consumers transact and monetize with online financial services products in personal loans, credit cards, savings accounts and mortgages.
We are looking for an engineer to lead a new dedicated front end engineering team. As our engineering team and business have grown, we've identified the need to form a dedicated front end function, and need an experienced senior engineer to help build this team by providing technical vision, mentoring engineers, leading recruitment and defining standards and processes. This team will own a variety of functional areas including embedded UIs, our partner portal, internal tools and a consumer-facing website.
In this role, you will:
- lead development of applications built on the latest versions of React, Angular and Typescript.
- provide expertise on industry best practices, such as SSR, semantic design, and more.
- define tooling and architecture patterns across implementations.
- aid in improving our continuous integration pipeline.
- write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards.
- mentor the frontend team, and influence other teams on admin app development.
- you have 4+ years experience working as a professional software engineer, including experience leading an engineering team
- you have true experience working with modern frameworks and tools
- you understand browser engines, and how to audit performance
- you have experience defining and implementing abstract architecture used by many applications
- you have a meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- you excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting
- you're constantly learning, and evolve your handling new technologies and techniques