Do you want to work in a cool, fast-growing beauty company?
Are you enthusiastic and eager to learn and problem solve?
Do you consider yourself a digital marketing maven?
If this sounds like you, here’s the job for you!
The Senior Manager, Digital Marketing Manager will create strategies and execute plans to grow and accelerate the Eva NYC business across brand and retailer channels. Reporting into the Digital Marketing Director, you will successfully lead digital marketing initiatives and content strategies, paid programs and digital consumer touchpoints for the brand as well as large-scale campaigns to support retailer growth.
You will be a senior player with experience in driving results through digital marketing initiatives, a trendsetter who is not afraid to try new things but can remain grounded in achieving key business objectives around profitability, revenue, and loyalty. You will look to create a significant impact on our DTC business with quantifiable results.
This individual will have strong experience in creating strategies and a rich background in delivery, plus first-in-class analytical skills to bring fresh insights to the role. You will have vast experience in media planning and buying across paid social channels as well as managing agency partners.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment. Key competencies and behaviors include a passion for beauty, collaborative team player, extremely detail-oriented and organized, solutions-driven, creative and analytical thinker, strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable wearing many hats, up to date on the latest platforms, tools and trends.
We’re a brand of beauty lovers in Brooklyn, NY, with WILD IMAGINATIONS and an OBSESSION with hair. We make hair products and tools that we love to use and share. All made with POWERFUL INGREDIENTS and INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES, that deliver seriously PROVEN RESULTS. We want to be kind to the planet, animals, and each other. That’s why we’re 100% recyclable in partnership with TerraCycle, cruelty-free, non-GMO, and vegan-certified – plus, free of harsh chemicals. Over the next few years, we’re committed to prioritizing the planet, with our sights set on achieving B-Corp certification for beauty standards as down to earth as we are. By 2022, we will be 100% free of virgin plastic and only using sustainable, reusable packaging for our hair tools. Hair can be hard, but we’re here to make it FUN.
We won’t promise that our products will solve all your problems, but they will give you…
A good hair day every day
Find us @evahairnyc
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies to deliver against brand objectives of profitability, loyalty and brand storytelling across brand and retailer campaigns
- Lead the strategy and execution of paid digital marketing campaigns for the DTC business (eva-nyc.com) and act as the brand lead to digital agency partners
- Lead the digital marketing strategy and planning of evergreen, launch and brand equity campaigns to deliver against key KPIs
- Develop company’s strategic roadmap for digital marketing to turn new visitors into customers and current customers into loyal, top tier customers
- Manage digital marketing communications across paid ads, email marketing and other channels with a test-and-learn approach around ad copy, visuals, formats, ad landing pages leading to higher click throughs and conversion rates
- Generate high-quality inbound leads to grow and develop the engaged user database
- Collaborate with marketing and creative to develop all digital assets; incorporate and share analysis and past performance with cross functional teams to deliver best in class output
- Responsible for reporting and tracking against paid digital campaigns, goals and OKRs
- Own the paid-digital marketing budget and KPIs
- Bring digital innovation to campaigns (including tools, platforms, competitor research and best-in-class practices)
- Plan, develop, and execute digital marketing efforts and campaigns to increase customer base, drive traffic, conversions, revenue and positive consumer experience
- Own all acquisition strategy, planning and execution. Partner with ecom to provide marketing perspective on retargeting efforts
- Contribute towards brand marketing initiatives with an ad strategy that is consistent with overall brand messaging, bringing digital innovation (tools, platforms, competitor research/insights)
- Develop and create internal processes for efficiencies across digital marketing execution
- Partner with sales and planning teams to determine campaign/launch goals and deliver against these
- Lead the digital efforts for key sales channels to generate revenue goals, responsible for strategy, planning and analysis of all retailer campaigns to maximize effectiveness and ROI
- Manage, mentor and coach direct reports within the marketing organization
- Lead all digital marketing day to day projects and be the point person for all specialized campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Advertising
- 6-8 years of Digital Marketing experience; preferably in Beauty
- Intuitive grasp of the beauty client and a drive to impact and satisfy customer needs
- Results driven with a keen eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication, copywriting skills are a necessity
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories and measure success
- Experience conducting meetings and managing direct reports
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of community and collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Asana, Adobe, Google Analytics, AdWords
- Experience with running campaigns on Facebook Business Manager a plus
- Permanent residents or citizens of the US only
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
OK, are you in yet? Here are some more details:
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Quarterly product allowance for all HMS brands
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.
If you aren’t the person for this job but know who is, send them this job. If we hire them, we’ll give you $2500. Seriously. When we hire people, we ask who they were referred by and we pay this bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this job with a friend who’s perfect for it!