Do you want to work in a cool, fast-growing beauty company?
Are you enthusiastic and eager to learn and problem solve?
Are you looking to grow in your sales career?
If this sounds like you, here’s the job for you!
A brand of beauty lovers from Brooklyn, New York with wild imaginations and an obsession with hair. We make hair products and tools that we love to use and share. All made with powerful ingredients and innovative technologies that deliver proven results. We want to be kind to the planet, animals and each other. We are 100% cruelty-free, completely free from parabens, phthalates and fully recyclable.
Hair can be hard, but we’re here to make it fun. Our line is made to be mixed, matched and played with until you create any look you’ve dreamt up. From busy mornings (hello dry shampoo), late nights and everything in-between – we’ve got your back (and hair). We can’t promise that our products will solve all your problems, but they will give you a good hair day – every day.
Find us @evahairnyc | eva-nyc.com
About the role:
Eva NYC is seeking a results-driven Account Coordinator to assist with client management and daily sales operations. This is an exciting opportunity to launch your career in the beauty industry, learn the ins-and-outs of wholesale sales and play a fundamental role in building a national brand. Our retail distribution includes: Ulta Beauty, Target, Sally Beauty, Costco, Kohls, Anthropologie, Amazon and more.
This individual will work alongside the Account Manager to help manage and grow our existing clients across the mass channel, input and track orders, analyze sales and category trend data, assist with new item set up, track client invoices and deductions, and stay on top of emerging trends.
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a fast-pasted environment. Key competencies and behaviors include passion for beauty, collaborative team player, extremely detail-oriented and organized, solutions-driven, creative and analytical thinker, strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable wearing many hats.
- Support Account Manager with client management, sales operations, and strategies
- Execute daily sales functions, including inputting and tracking shipments, managing sample orders, monitoring client deductions and invoices, email correspondence, performing competitive research, and pulling and analyzing weekly selling reports
- Ensure key documents are up to date, including promotional calendars, new launch timelines, and selling reports
- Manage new item set up in retailer portals from start to finish
- Oversee content and copy updates, timelines, and delivery for retailer merchandising .coms for new launches, packaging updates, and asset optimization
- Create and maintain internal reporting to monitor shipments, trade spend, and deductions
- General administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, facilitating travel, filing expense reports, coordinating team activities, and sending meeting recaps
- Represent and advocate retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, accounting, production, product development, logistics, and design
- Must have skills in Excel and PowerPoint (e.g. proficiency using formulas, functions, and pivot tables)
- Represent Eva NYC during customer sales meetings, trade shows, and events
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business Major preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in wholesale CPG or beauty industry preferred, Ulta experience a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to learn and grow
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is rapidly changing
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and web-based applications (SAP a plus)
- Willingness to travel domestically, including weekends
- Office-based role, located in New York City area
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
OK, are you in yet? Here are some more details:
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Quarterly product allowance for all HMS brands
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.
If you aren’t the person for this job but know who is, send them this job. If we hire them, we’ll give you $2500. Seriously. When we hire people, we ask who they were referred by and we pay this bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this job with a friend who’s perfect for it!