Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Join Eurowings Digital as Java Backend Developer (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility in the development of our platform!
As a Java Backend Developer (f/m/diverse) you are a key player in delivering value with software, delighting our customers and achieving our business goals. Valuing innovation, transparency, quality and pragmatic solutions, you are proud of your work and see it as part of the collaborative achievement to which you contribute to.
- You are highly involved in the development of our backend system, for that you love Java and know effective Java inside out.
- You are willing to dive deep into the magical world of Adobe Experience Manager.
- You write code in a way that your peers love to work with and make sure it is well written and understandable.
- You find the right balance between pragmatism and analysis.
- You are part of a rock solid team which makes sure that features are developed fast and deployed on production with zero downtime.
- You'll be in constant exchange with your team and participate in regular team meetings (e.g. Daily Scrum or Sprint Reviews)
- You have at least 5 years of experience working on backend systems with Java.
- You have experience in writing webservices with frameworks like Spring Boot.
- You like to integrate your software development with Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- You have experience in large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. Elasticsearch, Logstash or Kibana) and in implementing secure, developer-friendly, high quality RESTful APIs.
- Nice to have experience with Adobe Experience Manager or are willing to learn about it.
- Nice to have experience with Peakwork player hub technology or integration of SOAP based backend technologies
- You follow/suggest best practices and frameworks from industry in your implementation.
- You have basic knowledge of Scripting language (e.g. Shell).
- You have a basic understanding of frontend development.
- You developed complex software systems scaling it with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- You have experience in working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- You know how to efficiently collaborate on projects and be vocal on productive healthy discussion over ideas.
- You are energized, open-minded, have strong communication skills and you are not afraid of coming out of your comfort zone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Zalando, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With "Joblunch" from Belonio, Eurowings Digital finances up to 2 EUR of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- We love dogs! Feels free to bring your doggo to the office :) They can "work" from our separate dog office
- Get excited and challenge your colleagues while playing with our Playstation 5 or kickertable
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!