Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply now as Head of Engineering Platform (f/m/diverse) and take responsibilities in the development of Europe´s leading travel platform
As Head of Engineering Platform (f/m/diverse) you lead the Engineering Platform Department including the Cloud Platform & Infrastructure, Site Reliability, Security and Automation functions. You uncover the potential of technology with a strong vision for your department and promote the best organizational patterns and practices. By encouraging innovation, transparency, quality, and pragmatic solutions, you actively participate in shaping Eurowings Digital as a high-performing organization.
- You build the overall strategy of your department derived from the company goals; therefore, you spend time on thinking about how the department, team skillset, product and its technologies need to evolve to match business requirements
- With your hands-on expertise, you enable product teams to implement and operate cloud native applications with high automation
- Your share your vision to your team and define with their support clear milestones on how to achieve it
- You develop a capable, diverse, cohesive, and motivated team through servant leadership to maximize collective skills and talents
- Together and in alignment with your Peer Leads, you are on the cutting edge of technology and drive change and innovation in your department
- With a strong vision of technical capabilities, you deliver technical excellence constantly improving delivery performance KPIs and time to market
- You own your department budget
- You take actively part in the recruiting processes for your department
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in an engineering infrastructure team and you already lived the role of coaching leadership for at least 2 years
- You have deep, multi-year technical experience in Cloud-based architecture and infrastructure with expertise on migration projects specifically to the MS Azure platform
- You have strong experience in engineering and operating platforms within a DevSecOps/DataOps organization - delivering tool chains and automation
- You know how to inspire, encourage, bring positivity and motivate your team
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills with a strong business and user understanding
- You are an effective communicator able to present your ideas, strategies, questions, or issues using the appropriate tone and language
- You are able to make decisions within a reasonable time, creating relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities
- You know how to integrate information from a variety of sources, detect trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships with all relevant departments
- You get your tasks prioritized and know when and how to say “no”
- You already worked with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!