Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply now as Software Architect (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility in the sustainability of the solutions we propose to our customers.
As Software Architect (f/m/diverse) you are a key player in uncovering the potential of technology to serve our business objectives. You develop solutions for adaptive and loosely coupled distributed systems. You deliver value with reliable and secure software, delighting our customers while achieving our business goals. You value innovation, transparency, quality and pragmatic solutions. You are proud of your work and see it as part of the collaborative achievement to which you contribute to.
- You are part of our Development team and support one of our squad on a daily basis including for technical issues or processes improvement
- You support Product Owners to define their product vision providing your technical guidance
- You are a moderator between the development team and internal business stakeholders who place their requirements
- By communicating your technical knowledge, you have a large impact on IT projects from inception, through conception, to successful implementation. Therefore, you are able to identify complex mapping or interface requirements of unique projects
- During these projects, you challenge status-quos, technical decisions and propose alternatives that serve our long-term business and IT goals
- Globally, you make sure Eurowings Digital builds a great solution architecture in order to achieve the one company goal “creating Europe's smartest travel platform”
- You have a solid experience with front & back-end software development and have a deep understanding of complex architectures, always with an eye on keeping the quality in check at all times
- You have experience with at least one database system like Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MsSQL, MySql
- You already worked with Cloud systems Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- You know about CI/CD systems as well as build and deployment procedure
- You have a proven hands-on experience in using regression testing
- You are used to work in agile projects like Scrum or Kanban
- You are an experienced moderator in a team of developers.You are able to find with the team the most appropriate solution on both a technical and business requirement level
- You are able to get a deep understanding of different stakeholders as well as to provide and communicate them technical solutions to achieve the continuous delivery of software in a fast paced environment
- Ideally you have an experience in the e-commerce industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #DoIt : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!