Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
We are raising a fresh round of capital and have plenty of runway to build the next iteration of our offering and distribute it across the globe.
As Euc’s Head of People, you will be the primary shepherd of our culture and values. You’ll be responsible for lifting performance across our global team, improving engagement, and driving staff retention. You’ll be the people partner for our founders and executive team and will support them to build high-performing, diverse and sustainable teams.
Our culture is patient-focused, radically transparent, dynamic and fun. Our team members were all at the top of their previous cohorts. As Head of People, you’ll build programs that challenge these top-performers to learn and grow at an astounding rate. You’ll find new ways for us to collaborate more effectively and you’ll create a work environment that is flexible, but reliable; focused on outcomes, and committed to having fun.
Importantly, we’re looking for a person with a special blend of deep expertise and willingness to think from first principles. Rightly-or-wrongly, we think our culture is pretty unique - so we need someone who can generalise lessons from their past and apply them to our context with an open mind.
This role owns our global People portfolio, including talent acquisition, business partnering, people experience, people analytics and HR administration.
The role is based in our HQ in Sydney.
A sample of challenges facing our People function
Rapidly developing our team of high-performers
Euc’s team is young, motivated and exceptionally talented. But the needs of a scaling business evolve very quickly. How can we build systems to ensure our team members are developing fast enough to meet our business’ needs? How can our fair, honest and direct feedback culture scale to 1,000 staff across the globe? How can we make Euc the best place for clinicians and startup builders to accelerate their career?
Adapting to running a global organisation
Euc operates in Australia, UK and Europe with offices in Sydney, London and Manila. We have plans to open in more international markets. Our business is in the early stages of learning to align itself around diverse cultural needs of our patients and team members in many markets. We need to learn to share best practice, have a high-leverage global org structure, and maintain a uniquely Eucalyptus culture while allowing local cultures to flourish.
Driving engagement across diverse groups
To serve our patients, Euc’s offering brings together the skills of doctors, pharmacists, analysts, engineers, warehousing staff and more. Building an employee experience that is engaging for such a diverse group is a huge challenge. We need to create an EX that reinforces our values, encourages social connection, and drives performance in a sustainable way.
The ideal candidate
- Execution machine - drives outcomes through rapid iteration, using data as your guide
- First principles problem solver - can build HR systems from scratch, drawing on expertise and but not defaulting to it
- Exceptional communicator - a deep listener who can build trust quickly and share complex, challenging messages with clarity and care
- Accountable partner - support senior leaders to tackle People challenges; bias to action, over giving advice
- Coach - can support anyone (or team) to be their best self; can train others to do the same
- Expert - experience in a Head of People or Senior People Leader role in a high-growth startup or professional services firm
- Employee-only discounts from our portfolio of healthcare brands: Pilot, Kin Fertility, Software & Juniper
- Wellness benefits include Employee Assistant Program and monthly Health & Fitness allowance.
- We have social clubs with budgets that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests!
- We offer each Eucalypt a monthly budget so they can get coffee and catch up with each other
- Euc-wide events that happen at least once a quarter.
- Inclusive parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer.
- We are proud to be a part of Kin Fertility ’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign with raising awareness and encouraging businesses, big or small, to increase their paid miscarriage leave to at least 10 days.
- Euc and Brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Hybrid working environment with 3 days in office and 2 at home.