Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the role:
Ethos India is seeking an experienced lead to support and scale our revenue leadership and process excellence team at Ethos. He/She will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for enhancing overall operations and revenue enhancement experience. He/She will help create and support an inclusive and cohesive culture across the CX organization through coaching, 1:1s, and a partnership with US based CX managers"He/She will work with US-based team members and use process excellence strategies to drive improvement across all operations/delivery teams. You will also be responsible for hiring, planning, and implementing scalable solutions that support the development and growth of the organization. We are looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated, and ready to step up to the challenge of helping scale the customer experience organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage day-to-day Customer Support team operations
- Lead team meetings
- Manage escalations
- Resourcing (e.g., scheduling, team rotations, etc.)
- Develop and execute effective customer support and policy servicing procedures, policies, and standards
- Ex) developing processes related to GIWL, rescissions, etc.
- Building out relevant Lesson.ly trainings
- Partner with the Head of CX to develop relevant goals and objectives then work with the team to meet them on a consistent basis
- Ex) getting more involved in strategy and goal setting
- Monitor relevant customer support metrics and prepare reports
- Monitoring data in Kustomer/Talkdesk
- Preparing weekly reports
- Updating CX Dashboard
- Headcount/hiring analysis
- Act as liaison between Customer Support and Sales, UW, and other cross-functional partners
- Ex) policy servicing requests, #ops-talk, UWX collab
- Gather, document, and communicate relevant product, marketing, and business updates to the customer support team.
- Ex) Marketing monthly sync, customer feedback reports, etc.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and develop customer support agents
- Ex) Hiring manager, more involved in training program, working with me on CX career development framework, running 1x1s
- Create and nurture a work environment and team culture where agents can excel
- Ex) Advocating internally and externally for the team, creating a healthy team culture/dynamic, motivation, etc.
- Stay informed on the latest industry best practices, strategies, and methods
- Ex) CX Connections community, blogs/newsletters, events, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years in customer experience or customer support, 2+ years of experience managing a customer support team and operations
- Extensive knowledge of customer support trends and new technology
- Sharp focus on execution and an owner mentality with a track record of delivering success in a timely manner
- Data oriented decision making skills and great intuition for customer experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.