Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role
As the Senior Manager of Paid Search at Ethos, you will lead paid search, GDN, and Youtube for Ethos’ consumer business. You will own the budget, tools, agencies, resources, and results to scale profitably. We think Ethos is destined for very big things and we are betting that you will take the initiative and contribute to our success! As a fast-growing startup, you will be working closely with colleagues across all teams and senior management.
- Define the SEM paid media strategy and lead a lean team to run campaign execution to increase lead generation and optimize return on spend
- Own the bottom line on SEM as a core marketing channel for the business
- Partner with internal teams (e.g. Creative, Compliance, Product) to effectively drive all aspects of Paid Search; clearly communicate goals and areas of opportunity to management.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Product & Engineering) to develop and execute a high-throughput high-impact data-centric testing plan for Paid Search. Collaborate with internal teams on digital strategies for product launches. Collaborate with the creative team on performance, trends, and campaign tests to help guide opportunities, strategies, and creative messaging.
- Delve into data to develop deep analytic insights into Paid Search performance and quickly execute on the insights you develop. Work in tandem with our data team to build new collections and understandings.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by conducting tests, developing, presenting test results, and making recommendations for new processes and strategic tactics for Paid Search.
- Function as the expert in Google/Bing and any other relevant platforms and stay up to date on industry/competitive trends and technologies, betas, and Paid Search best practices
- Proven track record of paid acquisition success in the life insurance industry or a high growth direct response B2C start-up
- Highly analytical with hands-on technical know-how
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience planning and managing large-scale SEM programs
- Experience with Smart Bidding strategies (Target ROAS)
- Hands-on experience with paid search, including optimization experience with A/B testing, creative testing, and landing page testing
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversions, and online customer acquisition
- Effective and positive communication skills with the ability to work across teams in a rapidly growing start-up
- Experience building in-house processes and tools (e.g. bid management)
- Ability to research, identify and implement new strategies, with a focus on ROAS
- Advanced MS Excel and ability to work effectively with business intelligence tools (ex. Tableau). SQL is a plus
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.