Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced CRM Deployment Manager to oversee the delivery and analysis of Ethos’ multi-medium lifecycle campaigns. The ideal candidate is a thought partner for innovative use of experimentation, technology, data, and insights to drive campaign efficiency and effectiveness. You will also play a role in ensuring our Marketing/CRM capabilities are continuously evolving to meet the ongoing needs of the business and our customers. The position will work closely with all parts of the business to execute CRM deployment strategies that move business metrics.
This is a technical role that requires a blend of hands-on execution and longer-term, strategic planning. At Ethos, our offline experiences (email, SMS, direct mail, interactions with insurance agents) are all valuable touchpoints that we consider to be part of the core user experience. We’re looking for someone who is a consumer-first expert in CRM deployment strategy with meticulous attention to detail. This role will report directly into Ethos’ Lifecycle Marketing Manager.
Key initiatives include:
- Attend project kick offs and be involved in briefs to architect solutions prior to building
- Clarify, capture, and optimize requirements in order to build ad-hoc and automated communications
- Build, schedule, launch, and monitor complex automated and ad-hoc campaigns across email, SMS, and direct mail to drive new members through the insurance application process
- Setting up and monitoring complex journeys, and automations that have static/dynamic content with actionable trigger points to drive conversion and engagement
- Script dynamic communications using Shopify’s Liquid template language to build a personalized user experience
- Write SQL to manage/build data tables, and build custom audience segmentation
- Maintaining and developing audience segmentation tactics by proactively guiding our team’s data pipeline and data needs
- Establishing high quality processes and infrastructure for our email and SMS tooling
- Codifying documentation of internal best practices, tooling, and process improvements
- Perform QA to ensure quality standards are met
To thrive in this role, you have:
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Email deployment experience and familiarity with scripting languages (liquid template language) and concepts
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis i.e. Mode, Chartio, Redshift, Heap
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- High technical aptitude with the ability to quickly ramp up on internal nuances related to people, processes, and technology.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience building cross-channel campaigns using ESP platforms and/or marketing automation platforms; Customer.io preferred
- Experience in launching audience-specific dynamic content lifecycle and event-triggered CRM programs
- Working familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Comfort with data pipelines and architecture, targeting, multi-step workflows, QA, and reporting
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, CAN-SPAM regulations, email deployment platforms, and ESPs
- Knowledge of the interconnectivity between technology and customer experience
- Ability to compile a well-articulated dashboard and share performance metrics
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively, and work cross-functionally
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.