Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a senior front-end engineer, you will be responsible for the user interfaces and experiences that our customers interact with. You’ll work closely with our designers to build beautiful user interfaces for our web app on all screen formats. We make the most of modern tools like React, ES6, SASS, and more. You will also be responsible for architecting and developing our core front end infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our designers to iterate and implement on design concepts
- Architect and build our client-side infrastructure
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable front-end libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- Mentor junior developers
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries and tooling such as React
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with server-side technology such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization
- Demonstrate design, UX sensibility, and attention to detail
- Understanding of web security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Experience architecting web analytics and A/B testing systems
- Solid CS fundamentals
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.