Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will lead projects and own work streams within our D2C Consumer Product business, including developing insights through business intelligence and analytical tools, conducting experiments and A/B tests to understand customer behavior and optimize the customer experience, and democratizing data through building scaleable business logic and data infrastructure. You will provide visibility into the drivers of performance to ensure Ethos continues on its path of rapid growth and to empower leaders to make key decisions supported by data. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a strategic thought partner and be the go-to data expert in developing analyses, models, reports, and processes within Consumer Product
- Identify opportunities to empower Consumer Product with data and tools to improve performance, reduce pain points, and promote better decision making
- Spearhead decision making related to acquisition, operations, product, pricing, and new opportunities
- Understand the customer journey and customer behavior to support top of funnel growth
- Conduct experiments and A/B tests to inform and optimize product decisions with data
- Develop easy-to-consume dashboards and frameworks to monitor and visualize KPIs
- Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders to take action based on your recommendations
- Collaborate within Analytics and with data engineers to maintain scalable business logic and data infrastructure to democratize data throughout the organization
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and training to junior resources
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in data science, analytics, business intelligence, or other analytically-intensive roles at well-established firms or high-growth tech startups
- 4+ years of experience in product analytics and/or product management
- Expert knowledge of SQL required; proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R preferred
- Expertise with tools used for analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, such as Optimizely, Heap, Tableau, Mode
- Experience using statistical techniques, particularly in terms of experimentation and A/B testing
- Agile self-starter with desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Proven ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving
- Excellent communicator and effective cross-functional collaborator
- You are stimulated by solving complex problems
- You enjoy getting in the weeds but do not lose sight of the bigger picture
- You can punch above your weight when needed but also appreciate that no job is too small, no matter your title!
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.