Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Ethos, you will help us build and deploy innovative models to help us make better insurance decisions for the next million families. Your solutions will help us stay ahead in the innovation curve and help us make insurance more accessible and frictionless for our users.
- Create feature engineering pipelines to democratize access of raw features to the rest of the team
- Conceptualize, analyze, build, test, and deploy models to optimize underwriting decisions, serve insurance product recommendations and prevent insurance fraud
- Research and enrich Ethos’ knowledge base with standard taxonomies and mortality data.
- Contribute to product strategy and evolve Ethos Underwriting to one of the most innovative underwriting algorithms in the industry
- Effectively communicate the result of experiments to leadership and the rest of the team.
- Mentor and grow other software engineers, data scientists, and ML engineers across teams
Qualifications and Skills
- Educational background in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in Machine Learning Engineering
- Expertise in machine learning, deep learning, ethical data science, natural language processing, and statistical modeling
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong data visualization skills
- Excellent coding, documentation, version control, and testing skills in Python
- Proficiency in building unsupervised machine learning models
- Proficiency in ML/DNN in scikit, TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar frameworks.
- Proficiency in numerical and scientific libraries like numPy, scikit, and Pandas
- Proficiency working on Big Data systems. Experience working with Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, or similar technologies
- Proficiency in SQL. Deep understanding of database systems.
- Experience with text extraction and NLP.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.