Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
Ethos is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accounts Payable Accountant with public company and/or start-up experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to support Ethos as we continue to rapidly scale to implement new changes to our systems, processes, and controls.
- Manage day-to-day procure to pay cycle, reviewing and approving purchase orders, managing the processing of vendor invoices, employee expenses, and corporate credit cards
- Maintain the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices, credit memos, and as well as other AP inquiries are properly addressed
- Ensure all purchase requisitions and invoices are coded to the correct general ledger, department, and business unit accounts
- Resolve discrepancies and follow up with vendors/suppliers in a timely manner with any concerns
- Maintain vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors and updating records with tax status and tax ID to ensure accurate and timely 1099 filings
- Manage the purchase requisition to purchase order conversion process and respond to general inquiries from suppliers
- Assist business partners in the creation and reconciliation of purchase requisitions/orders
- Apply best practices to the purchase requisition and new supplier process by adding value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies (e.g., reducing processing time, improving accuracy, training, reporting, communication, etc.) partnering with Finance/Accounting/Legal/Business units
- Reconciliation of all assigned accounts on monthly basis to ensure timely month end close
- Facilitate monthly communication with vendors via accrual system to support month end close
- When needed, assist with bi-weekly process of cash disbursements including the preparation of ACH payments, wire transfers, and one-off checks
- Assist in the external audit process, specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedures documents for AP and Procurement responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be a committed and dedicated team player with excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to build and maintain good vendor and employee relations
- The ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization remote staff is essential for this role
- A passion for everything AP and Procure-to-Pay operations and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment
- A minimum of 3 years (5+ preferred) of experience working in Accounts Payable or relative procurement department
- Strong analytical, verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Thrives in a growing organization with excellent attention to detail, follow up, critical thinking and analysis
- A strong understanding of the purchasing process and purchase order lifecycle is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, match, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.