Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As the Designer, Branding at Ethos, you’ll contribute to an approachable, memorable, modern, fun brand — shaping a new and refreshing approach to a centuries-old industry. You’ll help to refresh and improve all 360 degrees of our brand language, establishing new standards and systems, conceptualizing initiatives for brand and marketing, and executing assets across a variety of deliverables and mediums directed at consumers and business partners. Together, we’ll evolve and refine our brand POV and visuals, and define our creative team’s role in communicating to current and future audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Creative Director and Design Director to bring ideas, energy, and craft to our branding design discipline — helping to define our 360° brand system while ensuring thoughtful and creative execution across all channels
- Develop creative, holistic solutions that prioritize impact for our core audiences. You’ll craft our brand using identity, typography, illustration systems, graphic language, marketing assets and layouts, brand initiatives, and social media design
- Guide and influence creative output, ensuring high-caliber design that aligns with our brand vision
- Build strong relationships with numerous departments to foster trust and confidence, serving as a creative ambassador
- Collaborate across disciplines (graphic design, interactive, or motion graphics) while upholding internal processes
- Ability to receive direction and learn from teammates. Seek & listen to feedback and use it to build on ideas and push the work
- Stay connected to the latest standards and trends in the visual design field.
Qualifications & Skills
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience at 360° branding agencies or equivalent, crafting visual identity systems from start to finish
- Resides in greater New York City metropolitan area
- Solid foundation in graphic design (typography, layout, color, and art direction) and comfortable sketching and visualizing quick comps
- Eager to learn about creating brand systems
- Exceptional design aesthetic: memorable, unique, and innovative when needed
- Ability to design across a wide range of categories, spanning dozens of touchpoints: logos, typefaces, print, video, digital
- Determined and ambitious and enthusiasm for working with multiple points of view
- Passion for critical analysis, strategic problem-solving, with a curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Effective communication skills and a natural style of building relationships
- Comfort working in a team environment; excited to collaborate with colleagues in both Creative & Marketing
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.