Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with a strong quantitative background to dive into large datasets to provide insights and guide decision-making while mentoring other analysts and data scientists. This is an exciting opportunity to join and help build a team in a huge growth area for Ethos. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will work cross-functionally across Partnerships - our B2B2C business - to provide visibility and understanding into product and business performance to empower product managers and business leaders to make key decisions with data and analytical rigor. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented, read on and please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and build Analytics team focused on Partnerships, including establishing best practices and processes to support scalable growth
- Act as a strategic thought partner to Partnerships product, operations, and sales and be the go-to data expert in developing and designing analyses, monitoring dashboards, and reports
- Identify opportunities to apply advanced analytics to improve decision making and enhance performance
- Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders to take action based on recommendations
- Collaborate with data engineers to maintain consistent business logic throughout the organization and ensure a scalable data infrastructure
- Train and mentor the next generation of analysts and data scientists at Ethos
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as: statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or math
- 10+ years of experience in data or product analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Vast experiences with product and business analytics, including experimentation, performance monitoring, funnel analysis, price optimization, user segmentation, and A/B testing
- Expert knowledge of SQL required
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R preferred
- Expertise with tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, such as Tableau and Excel
- Proven ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving
- Excellent communicator and effective cross-functional collaborator
- You are stimulated by solving complex problems
- You enjoy being a player-coach - you can balance being an individual contributor early days with leading a team
- You enjoy getting in the weeds but do not lose sight of the bigger picture
- You can punch above your weight when needed but also appreciate that no job is too small, no matter your title!
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.