Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Team
Infrastructure Team is responsible for providing a scalable, reliable and secure infrastructure. This infrastructure is used for hosting our applications as well day to day by developers for their work. We are rapidly growing as a company along with our infrastructure needs. You will be an early member of this team and help shape the vision of Ethos infrastructure for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build infrastructure and tooling to empower engineers to ship a secure and reliable product quickly
- Build, maintain, and refactor tools focused on developer productivity
- Utilize and build upon a robust monitoring platform
- Write Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Partner with product teams to troubleshoot issues, understand their needs and offer solutions
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a focus on tooling and cloud infrastructure orchestration
- Sysadmin: SSH, dependency management, patching, firewalling, maintaining secure file permissions. Installing, configuring, and maintaining daemons
- In-depth knowledge of AWS - ability to setup a platform to serve secure dynamic websites with good performance
- Deep awareness of security practices and considerations: SSH, VPN, private LAN, firewalls, various methods and the concepts and implementations of encryption
- In-depth knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.